Mission of the DHMP Quality Improvement Department
The mission of Denver Health Medical Plan, Inc. (DHMP) Quality Improvement program is to promote improvement of the health status of our members as measured by clinical outcomes, performance measures and member satisfaction.
Goals of the DHMP Quality Improvement Program Commitment
The following goals have been developed to drive the QI program:
- Deliver quality of care that meets community standards and customer focused service to our members and practitioners/providers.
- Continuously measure, analyze, evaluate and improve the administrative services of the plan and health care services delivered by contracted practitioners/providers.
- Adopt national and/or local public health goals as benchmarks and commit resources for quality improvement activities that strive to meet the goals.
- Promote medical/preventive care delivered by contracted practitioners/providers that meets or exceeds the accepted standards of quality in the community.
- Focus on achieving desired outcomes related to the member’s health care access, quality, cost, and satisfaction.
- Empower members to lead a healthy lifestyle through health promotion activities, improved self-management of chronic conditions, community outreach efforts and coordination with public and private community resources.
- Encourage safe and effective clinical practice through established care standards and applying appropriate practice guidelines.
Denver Health Medical Plan, Inc. has earned Accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The accredited rating is awarded to organizations with programs for service and clinical quality that meet basic requirements for consumer protection and quality improvement.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information for consumers, purchasers, health care providers and researchers.